Risk Factors That Affect The Cost of Homeowners Insurance
There are certain risk factors that have an effect on your homeowners insurance premium. These characteristics make filing a claim more probable, and they range from the condition of your house to your financial standing. Lowering or eliminating these factors is important in the pursuit of lower premiums. Bogle Agency Insurance is constantly working to offer the best Homeowners Insurance policies to NJ homeowners, with top carriers, that are cost-effective and offer good protection. We offer our experience and expertise in the interest of lowering the cost of Homeowners Insurance in NJ.
Common Factors Affecting Homeowners Insurance Premiums
1. Deductible – this is the amount of money you pay before the policy coverage takes over. Deductibles are meant to reduce negligence on the part of the insured in caring for their property. You should also be aware, a higher deductible means a lower premium.
2. Replacement Cost – This is the amount it would take to rebuild your house. Expensive additions and renovations might make the property more desirable, but they also make the cost to replace it higher. This means the insurance company would have to pay more in the event of a loss and so it will make your premium rise.
3. Condition of the House – The condition of the home you are insuring is a concern in Homeowners Insurance coverage. If there is damage to a part of the house, like a roof or foundation, insurance companies consider this when determining the premium amount. Any damage should be repaired in order the avoid costly claims in the future. Some companies may deny coverage if there is serious damage to the roof or foundation of a house.
4. Pets – Believe it or not, some pets can make Homeowners Insurance cost more. Certain dog breeds are considered more dangerous to the public than others. Although this may not apply to your dog, statistical analysis shows that it is a factor in insurance premiums.
5. Being Near a Fire Station – Another surprising factor that insurance companies take into consideration when determining premiums is travel time from the nearest fire station to your home. According to insurance industry records, fire claims make up a large part of property claims. The distance from a fire station to your house could make the difference between a total loss and only minor damage.
6. Credit History – In the interest of reducing fraudulent claims, your credit history is a factor in determining insurance rates. Payment history, current debt, etc, are all considerations in this regard.
Managing Risk Can Reduce Homeowners Insurance Premiums
Working to lower the risk of an insurance claim may help reduce your premium cost. Being aware of risk problems and trying to alleviate them can reduce Homeowners Insurance premiums over time.
Bogle Agency Insurance offers Homeowners Insurance to Bergen and Morris County NJ and nearby area families. We can help you become aware of the potential risks you might face that will make your Homeowners Insurance premiums go up. It is always our goal to offer the best insurance coverage for the most affordable price. NJ individuals and families looking for Homeowners Insurance should give us a call at (201) 939-1076 and talk to one of our experienced agents.