NJ Insurance, Hurricane Coverage and Claims
NJ insurance concerns often relate to hurricane coverage and claims. A hurricane is a weather event that none of us have control over. While many come and go leaving little more than a few branches in the yard and puddles in the driveway others can leave fallen trees and flooding in the basement. Regardless of what may or may not occur it is important to sit down with your Bergen County insurance agent to make sure you have the hurricane coverage you need.
A hurricane means torrential rains, often resulting in flooding; powerful winds that can bring down trees and blow away anything not tied down; and violent waves causing erosion and more. Most people think about hurricane damage occurring to homes. But it is important to realize that damage can occur to businesses as well. It is important that your NJ commercial insurance policy offers the coverage you need to give peace of mind when a hurricane hits.
Post hurricane tips for your business:
- Make sure you can account for all employees who were at your facility during the storm. If rescuers are needed call the appropriate emergency response group.
- Be careful of flooded areas and be aware that the water may contain hazardous materials.
- Do not drive through bodies of water. A puddle may look like a puddle but could be far deeper than you realize.
- Pools of water may have an electric charge so stay clear.
- Have your building inspected by an engineer. Wind damage could be more severe than you think.
- Photograph all damage and make an appointment for an assessor to come out to survey the extent of damage.
Hurricanes are a fact of life when living near the coast. The aftermath can be shocking and costly. Understanding your homeowners insurance or your commercial insurance is essential. Sit down with your New Jersey insurance agent today and learn more about coverage and the claims procedure in the event of a hurricane.
Bogle Agency Insurance, your NJ insurance experts
Contact our team at Bogle Agency Insurance today to learn more about homeowners insurance in Bergen County NJ. We welcome the opportunity to help you evaluate your coverage. Let our knowledge and experience serve as your guide to NJ insurance, making sure you understand Hurricane coverage completely.